Classes are three hours long. Please be courteous to your fellow guests by arriving on time. Events will begin on time. Because each class has people with varying degrees of culinary experience, classes may finish early or run a little late. We trust that you had an enjoyable class and ask that you prepare to leave at the end of class so that the staff can begin their cleanup. If you are hosting a private party you can prearrange extra time at the beginning or end of an event for an additional fee.
A non-refundable deposit of $300.00 is required at the time of booking along with an estimate on the number of guests. Payment in full is due one week prior to the event along with a firm number for the number of guests. All private events require a credit card on file in case of additional charges that may occur.
Gratuities are not included in you class price. Our staff has worked to provide with an enjoyable experience and your gratuities are appreciated.
We understand that emergencies occur but because we have already had staff scheduled and food ordered, any guest cancelling within 7 days of an event will not receive a refund. If you cancel 7 days or more before an event we will issue a credit for a future event. If UCook needs to cancel an event you will be notified as soon as possible and given a credit for a future class or a full refund.
Allergies and Sensitivities
Please advise us at booking, but at least one week in advance of your event of allergies and sensitivities. Because we have only one kitchen and provide a wide array of menus we may not be able to accommodate your needs.
Your safety is our first concern. Please dress accordingly for class. You should refrain from open toed shoes, sleeveless shirts and hair hanging down.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By registering for a cooking class or event, I fully understand, acknowledge and accept that the class or classes I am registering to take with UCook are for the purpose of learning to cook, which involves preparing, cooking and sampling food. Given the common dangers and use of tools and cooking instruments in a kitchen, I agree to hold harmless UCook, its employees, owners, chefs, food preparers, attorneys and assigns, from any and all liability, loss, claim, demand, action or cause of action which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way by my participation in any class, including but not limited to, slips, falls, cuts, burns, choking, food allergy reactions and other accidents and injuries that may arise from the activity of cooking and eating the food prepared in classes or events.
There is plenty of room in our refrigerator and freezer for all your beverages. Every event is a bring your own beverage (BYOB), which means guests provide their own soda, wine, beer, and mixed drinks. UCook provides water, ice, wine openers, blenders, bottle openers and glasses for beer, margaritas, wine, martinis and cocktails.
For our guests safety we reserve the right to refuse any service to anyone who may arrive impaired or become impaired while at a class.
The liquor tasting classes serve a complimentary sample of the liquor provided by UCook.
Decorations and Entertainment
UCook will provide mood lighting, music subscription services on our music system, candles and a real wood fireplace to set the mood for your event.
We encourage our guests to decorate for any special occasion. UCook is open Monday thru Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM for your convenience to decorate or drop off your beverages, presents, cakes in advance. This is a great way for a surprise event. No glitter or any small decorations that might produce a health or choking hazard are allowed. All of the decorations have to be removed by the end the event. If the decorations are not removed you will incur a cleanup charge.
By signing below you agree to the terms and conditions listed above.
- Carb Healthy Menu - $80 per person (gratuity not included)
- Taste of Argentina - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Bacon - $75.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of BBQ - $80.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Cajun Cooking - $80.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Bourbon and Grilling - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Italy - $80.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Meat Lover's - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Mexico - $75.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Roasted Delights - $80.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Seafood - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste Seafood & Steak Tapas - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Caribbean - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of the Grill - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of the Mediterranean - $80.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Tuscany - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Great American Steak - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Tequila Tex Mex - $85.00 per person (gratuity not Included)
- Taste of Smoked Meats - $85.00 per person (gratuity not included)
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese - Sub the pasta with cauliflower for a tasty low carb treat.
- Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts - Roasted to perfection.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken - Easy chicken casserole, low carb and keto friendly.
- Garlicky Lemon Mahi-Mahi - Mahi Mahi, otherwise known as Dorado, is a popular fish. Mahi-mahi is tender, flaky, and deliciously flavorful.
- Tuscan Butter Shrimp - Quick easy way to enjoy your shrimp.
- Blackberry, Strawberry and Raspberry Mousse - Low carb quick dessert
- Classic Argentine Chimichurri Steak Asado- Argentine marinated flank steak topped with a mouthwatering chimichurri sauce.
- Black Beans a la Olla - Fresh herbs give a hot Spanish flair to this black bean dish. This is traditionally served over rice.
- Chimichurri - Where grilled meat (asado) is a form of art, chimichurri sauce is an essential condiment and doubles as a marinade.
- Beef Empanadas - There are as many variations of empanadas as there are cooks in Argentina.
- Argentino Chorizo Burgers - Chorizo Argentino a “normal” fresh sausage, with a consistency more or less like a typical Italian sausage filling.
- Wine Tasting Malbec - introduced to Argentina by French agricultural engineer Michel Pouget in 1868, Malbec is now widely planted in Argentina.
- Tempranillo - Tempranillo wines are ruby red in color, while aromas and flavors can include berries, plum, tobacco, vanilla, leather and herb
- Syrah - has occasionally been used as a blending component with Argentina's signature dark-skinned grape Malbec to provide an Argentinian take on the Australian Cabernet-Shiraz blend.
- Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese Bacon Vinaigrette - Flavorful grilled greens covered in a delightful vinaigrette made with blue cheese and bacon.
- Beer, Cheese and Bacon Fondue - Melted cheese melded with beer and bacon. How can you resist?
- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp - A little sweet, a little spicy, a lot of bacon and a whole lot of flavor in these bite-sized shrimps.
- Bacon-Cheese Turkey Loaf - This is not your grandma's meatloaf, but we bet you will make it time and time again.
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Apple Hash - A tasty accompaniment to any main dish, this hash is sure to please!
- Kickin' Candied Bacon - Sweet and salty mix that will please even the pickiest of palates.
- Salted Caramel Bacon Monkey Bread - A tasty twist on an old favorite.
- Pineapple Salsa - Chopped pineapple, tomatoes and peppers served atop perfectly toasted grilled bread.
- Barbecue Ribs - A mouth watering savory and tender barbecue ribs bursting with flavor makes the perfect barbecue dish.
- Barbecue Shrimp - A crowd favorite. Delicious shrimp with a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce.
- Barbecue Chicken Thighs - Use bone in thighs or boneless, same great flavor.
- Grilled Corn - America's number one vegetable.
- Grilled Potatoes - Potatoes grilled are a crown favorite
- Grilled Bananas - Coated with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Shrimp & Fish Po’ Boy - Classic New Orleans Sandwich.
- New Orleans BBQ Shrimp - Spicy shrimp with Cajun seasoning.
- Boudin Sausage - We serve this dish as meatballs but it can be done as a stuffing or sausage.
- Chicken and Andouille Gumbo - Chicken and sausage with peppers and thickened with rice.
- Jambalaya - A Cajun dish of rice, shrimp and sausage that is pure comfort food.
- Cajun Red Beans - Smoked pork gives this dish its distinctive aroma.
- Banana’s Foster - Over 35,000 pounds of bananas are served yearly to produce the most requested item on Brennans menu.
- Hudson Baby Bourbon - This bourbon is adored for its sweet, corn, caramel and vanilla flavor notes. This Bourbon is carefully distilled at Tuhilltown distillery, United States.
- Traverse City Whiskey Company - It didn’t grab me at first sip, but its sweet and citrusy notes won me over by the end. It tastes young, but isn’t overpowered by any amount of graininess or ethanol bite. At four years old it’s surprisingly easy drinking, and in the absence of heavy oak notes, orange and lemon notes have a chance to stand out nicely.
- Maker’s Mark Kentucky Bourbon - Maker's Mark is a fine example of Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey at its best. Just like all bourbons, it is distilled primarily from corn, with some malted barley thrown into the mix. However, this whiskey comes with a twist that helps define its signature taste, opting for red winter wheat in the mashbill rather than the more common rye. That single ingredient imparts a soft, rich sweetness that has propelled Maker's Mark to be one of the most popular bourbons in the world.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Skewers - Pork with Filipino style marinade.
- Grilled Bourbon Chicken Thighs - Marinating with soy and bourbon gives this a hint of Asian flavor.
- Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak - Steak and Bourbon. Need we say more.
- Grilled Vegetables - Bring out the flavor with a grill.
- Grilled Potato Wedges - Salt and vinegar potato wedges finished on the grill.
- Grilled Fruit with Bourbon Glaze - Pears with a sweet bourbon glaze.
- Spring Mix Salad with Herb Vinaigrette - Fresh spring greens, the perfect start to any meal.
- Marinara Sauce - Full of herbs and spices that pair fantastically with this meal.
- Alfredo Pasta - Fettuccine pasta smothered in our thick and creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Grilled Chicken and Grilled Italian Sausage - Grilled to perfection and a perfect addition to fettuccine Alfredo.
- Garlic Bread - Buttery and loaded with garlic, will leave you wanting another slice.
- Toasted Ravioli - A fried-up version of a regular favorite. Pairs great with our Marinara Sauce!
- Tiramisu - An elegant and rich Italian dessert that is sure to please!
- Lemon Chicken Appetizer - A wonderful bright appetizer served on toasted crostini.
- New York Strip Steak with Gorgonzola Sauce - A nice serving of New York Strip covered with a delicious Gorgonzola cheese sauce.
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Spicy - Pineapple Chutney Spicy pineapple chutney makes a fantastically flavorful accompaniment to these perfectly cooked pork medallions.
- Roasted Vegetables - The hearty flavor of mixed vegetables compliments this meat menu.
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs - A lower fat, yet extremely flavorful meatball alternative with a cheesy surprise in the middle.
- Chocolate Lava Cake - A wonderful explosion of chocolate flavor!
- Guacamole - Creamy avocado, spicy jalapeño and ripe tomatoes, perfect for dipping!
- Queso Fundido - Loaded with cheese and spices, more than just your average cheese dip!
- Refried Black Beans - Delicious black beans, garlic and smoky cumin.
- Cilantro Lime Rice - White rice blended with lime and cilantro for a South-of-the-Border twist.
- Herb Rubbed Chicken Tacos - Chicken marinated in lime, garlic and cumin guaranteed to start a fiesta in your mouth.
- Mexican Street Corn - This corn dish is popular among the food cart vendors in Mexico.
- Fried Ice Cream - The perfect finish to any meal.
- Happy Hour Hummus- Enjoy a simply flavorful blend of chickpeas, tahini, garlic and lemon served with fresh vegetables for dipping.
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing- A wonderfully exotic salad combining sweet roasted flavors covered in a tangy lemon tahini dressing.
- Roast Beef with Merlot and Mushroom Reduction- Delicious sliced beef served with a Shiitake mushroom and merlot sauce, boasting hints of shallots and thyme.
- Roasted Asparagus Risotto- The roasted asparagus in this risotto makes a superb addition to this delightful side dish.
- Whole Roasted Honey Balsamic Glazed Salmon- Seasoned to perfection with honey, balsamic vinegar and mustard glaze, this salmon is a treat to your taste buds!
- Roasted Vegetables- Bell peppers, squash, zucchini and onion tossed with a- mix of fresh herbs.
- Roasted Pears- A sweet sauce covers these delectable pears for a sweet and juicy dessert that is sure to please!
- Shrimp Toast Appetizer- Each toast has a layer of crisp bread on one side, and ginger and scallion flavored minced shrimp on the other that will leave you wanting more!
- Mango Mahi Mahi- Dress up your grilled mahi mahi with a sweet mango salsa for a healthy and palate-pleasing Summer supper.
- Asian Marinated Salmon- A mouthwatering savory and moist salmon bursting with Asian flavors that will make the perfect dish.
- Shrimp and Vegetable Skewers- Perfectly grilled and seasoned to perfection!
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp- A crowd favorite, delicious shrimp wrapped in crispy bacon.
- Lime Cilantro Rice- White rice blended with lime and cilantro for a twist on classic rice.
- Tequila Seafood Medley Ceviche- Orange, lime, cilantro and tequila blow this ceviche out of the water!
- Steak Arepas with Cream Sauce- No tapas menu is complete without Arepas. Add a flat iron steak and creamy sauce and you will feel like you are in heaven!
- Crab and Goat Cheese Empanadas- You will never look at a beef empanada the same again!
- Chili Lime Shrimp- Tasty fried shrimp exploding with chili and garlic flavors.
- Mini Fruit Tarts- Loaded with fruity goodness, these mini tarts are a wonderfully sweet end to our tapas menu!
- Grilled Romaine- Flavorful grilled greens covered in a delightful vinaigrette made with blue cheese and bacon.
- Beef Empanadas- Fried pastry pockets filled with beef, potatoes, tomatoes, and onions.
- Crispy Shrimp Cakes- A wonderful combination of Shrimp meat and vegetables fried to perfection.
- Jerk Chicken with Mango Chutney- Chicken breasts seasoned with homemade jerk seasoning and grilled over an open flame.
- Caribbean Fried Rice- Rice cooked in island spices with chicken, onion, peppers, celery and carrots.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes- Sweet potatoes roasted with a sweet mix of Caribbeans spices.
- Caribbean Rum Sopped Coconut Cake- Deep rum flavor makes this Caribbean dessert simply delightful!
- Grilled Flatbread Pizza- Grilled pepperoni pizza on the grill.
- Roasted Vegetables- Roasted veggies have a sweet and charred taste.
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes- Potatoes roasted with garlic and oil.
- Pork Steaks- Cut from the pork butt, these are a nice change from just grilled steak.
- Grilled Chicken Thighs- Grilled and finished with a honey-balsamic glaze.
- Skirt Steak- Cooked quickly on a hot grill. The secret is to cut the steak properly for a tender bite.
- Grilled Fruit- Grilled pears with sauce, nuts and ice cream.
- Espinacas con Garbanzos - Garbanzo beans with spinach.
- Roasted Veggie Pasta - Roasted veggies with cheese and pasta.
- Mediterranean Chicken - Onions, tomatoes, lemon and seasoning with olive oil roasted to perfection.
- Greek-Style Baked Salmon - Salmon filet with lemons and dill.
- Greek Turkey Meatballs With Tzatziki - Well seasoned turkey meatballs drizzled with tzatziki sauce.
- Roasted Fruit - Roasted pears with cinnamon, nuts, honey and a side of yogurt.
- Tuscan Sangria - Tuscan wine and three Italian spirits give this robust sangria authentic regional flavor.
- Bruschetta - Toasted bread piled high with tomatoes and herbs.
- Panzanella with Balsamic Vinaigrette - A wonderful blend of mixed leafy greens with homemade croutons and a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette.
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken - The sauce elevates chicken to another level.
- Creamy Tuscan Sausage Pasta - Simple and hearty sausage dish.
- Tuscan Roasted Potatoes - The lemon defines the taste of this dish.
- Tuscan Styled Vegetables - White beans add texture and protein to this hearty side dish.
- Schiacciata Alla Fiorentina - A sweet cake, fragrant with orange and vanilla
- Iceberg Wedge Salad with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing- A wonderful blend of iceberg greens with a delicious buttermilk dressing.
- Ribeye, New York Strip with Béarnaise Sauce & Mushroom Sauce- You’ll learn how to cook the perfect steak in the oven and on the grill, then top it with your choice of a sauce!
- Roasted Garlic Broccoli with Goat Cheese- Roasted broccoli topped with delicious goat cheese on top!
- Whipped Mashed Potatoes- A creamy and classic side dish.
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with Vanilla Whipped Cream- A wonderful explosion of rich dark chocolate flavor!
How to Pick a Good Tequila! We will show you!
We will tell you a little history on Tequila types and the aging process.
Hornitos (Gold) Reposado Made with 100% Agave Plant
Hornitos (Silver) Plata Made 100% Agave Plant
Don Julio's (Dark) Anejo
*Tasting are subject to change
- Guacamole- Creamy avocado, spicy jalapeño and ripe tomatoes, perfect for dipping!
- Veggie Quesadillas- Loaded with cheese, veggies and spices.
- Fiesta Corn- Corn with tomatoes, onion and jalapeños.
- Cilantro Lime Rice- White rice blended with lime and cilantro for a South-of-the-Border twist.
- Grilled Tequila Skirt Steak- Steak marinated in tequila and spices guaranteed to start a fiesta in your mouth.
- Tex-Mex Pork Tenderloin- A spicy marinade flavors this tender cut.
- Fried Ice Cream- The perfect finish to any meal.
- Smoked Ribeye Steaks - Simply seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, then smoked to perfection.
- Smoked Pork Chops - Our own dry rub compliments these chops.
- Smoked Cajun Spiced Shrimp - Smoked till just opaque keeps the shrimp tender and succulent.
- Chimichurri Sauce - Parsley and cilantro are the base for this classic sauce.
- Blue Cheese Sauce - Creamy blue cheese sauce goes well with any roasted foods.
- Roasted Carrots with Onions and Garlic - Oblique cut carrots, French cut onions and garlic roasted to perfection.
- Roasted Potatoes - Perfect side for smoked meals.
The perfect alternative to a restaurant dinner to achieve a new team orientation, a reward for a completed project, or overall excellent performance.
We provide quality ingredients, tested recipes, and trained chef instructions to your team for the perfect team building atmosphere.
Our events encourage teamwork and socializing in a fun learning environment.
Smaller groups up to 14 guests can have hands on recipe preparation. For larger groups, we suggest an interactive food demonstration.
UCook is dedicated to assisting you with your goal to build an eventful time for your team. We achieve this goal by creating exceptional hands-on interactive cooking classes. No matter what the occasion we strive to accommodate your every need by matching and customizing to fit your unique mission and objectives. Team building activities are useful for improving team dynamics, building trust, facilitating communication and teamwork. Why go to your average restaurant when you can create an experience your team deserves!
A Unique Experience
It is customary to bring your own beverages including, soda, wine, beer and mixed drinks. U Cook provides water, ice, wine openers, bottle openers and glasses for beer, margaritas, wine, martinis and cocktails. There is plenty of room in our refrigerator and freezer for all your beverages. You can even use our blender to make your favorite frozen cocktails. Aprons are available for up to 20 guests.
Our showroom is transformed into a perfect atmosphere of mood lighting, candles, and music. A real wood fireplace can be used with any advanced request at no charge. We provide all the wood. We use Pandora for our multi-speaker music system and you are encouraged to set the mood for your event. It is your party.
We encourage our guests to decorate for any special occasion. U Cook is open Monday thru Saturday 9 am to 5:30 Pm for your convenience or by appointment to decorate or drop off your beverages, presents, cakes in advance. This is a great way for a surprise event.
U Cook is not working, not work! Got it! It is a fun, engaging, exciting way to laugh, joke, mingle and enjoy the unique U Cook experience with family, friends or co-workers.
Our Semi-Private Party option is for parties for 6 or more people. This option means that other people can also come to the day you choose, but YOU can choose the menu.
If you would like to have a private party that is less than 10 people, you MUST pay the price for 10 people.
Your Own Menu
See a date that you would like to reserve for your party but you don’t like the menu? Our Semi-Private Option means that YOU can choose a menu for the class.
For private parties Call 219 942-0883 to reserve your date or fill in the form below and we will contact you. If you want to reserve a seat for an individual class click on the calendar above, when you choose a date, then look for the Register button at the bottom of the page.
Bring home the experience to your own kitchen!
Take your experience with you and share it with your business or organization! Decorated aprons like the ones worn during Ucook are a way to have fun and get your message across.
This one size fits all option allows your team to stand out from the rest!
Decorated with your logo, slogan or names!
Minimum packages start at 12 Aprons with a 1 color print.
Starting at $12.00 each (Add $3.00 for your name!)
Starting at $144.00 for the full set of 12!
Contact us for more options!
Also Available are custom t-shirts for your event!
Starting at $11.00 each!