Classes are three hours long. Please be courteous to your fellow guests by arriving on time. Events will begin on time. Because each class has people with varying degrees of culinary experience, classes may finish early or run a little late. We trust that you had an enjoyable class and ask that you prepare to leave at the end of class so that the staff can begin their cleanup. If you are hosting a private party you can prearrange extra time at the beginning or end of an event for an additional fee.
A non-refundable deposit of $300.00 is required at the time of booking along with an estimate on the number of guests. Payment in full is due one week prior to the event along with a firm number for the number of guests. All private events require a credit card on file in case of additional charges that may occur.
Gratuities are not included in you class price. Our staff has worked to provide with an enjoyable experience and your gratuities are appreciated.
We understand that emergencies occur but because we have already had staff scheduled and food ordered, any guest cancelling within 7 days of an event will not receive a refund. If you cancel 7 days or more before an event we will issue a credit for a future event. If UCook needs to cancel an event you will be notified as soon as possible and given a credit for a future class or a full refund.
Allergies and Sensitivities
Please advise us at booking, but at least one week in advance of your event of allergies and sensitivities. Because we have only one kitchen and provide a wide array of menus we may not be able to accommodate your needs.
Your safety is our first concern. Please dress accordingly for class. You should refrain from open toed shoes, sleeveless shirts and hair hanging down.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By registering for a cooking class or event, I fully understand, acknowledge and accept that the class or classes I am registering to take with UCook are for the purpose of learning to cook, which involves preparing, cooking and sampling food. Given the common dangers and use of tools and cooking instruments in a kitchen, I agree to hold harmless UCook, its employees, owners, chefs, food preparers, attorneys and assigns, from any and all liability, loss, claim, demand, action or cause of action which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way by my participation in any class, including but not limited to, slips, falls, cuts, burns, choking, food allergy reactions and other accidents and injuries that may arise from the activity of cooking and eating the food prepared in classes or events.
There is plenty of room in our refrigerator and freezer for all your beverages. Every event is a bring your own beverage (BYOB), which means guests provide their own soda, wine, beer, and mixed drinks. UCook provides water, ice, wine openers, blenders, bottle openers and glasses for beer, margaritas, wine, martinis and cocktails.
For our guests safety we reserve the right to refuse any service to anyone who may arrive impaired or become impaired while at a class.
The liquor tasting classes serve a complimentary sample of the liquor provided by UCook.
Decorations and Entertainment
UCook will provide mood lighting, music subscription services on our music system, candles and a real wood fireplace to set the mood for your event.
We encourage our guests to decorate for any special occasion. UCook is open Monday thru Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM for your convenience to decorate or drop off your beverages, presents, cakes in advance. This is a great way for a surprise event. No glitter or any small decorations that might produce a health or choking hazard are allowed. All of the decorations have to be removed by the end the event. If the decorations are not removed you will incur a cleanup charge.
By signing below you agree to the terms and conditions listed above.
- All About BBQ - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Bacon Lover’s Feast - $55 per person (gratuity not included)
- New Orleans Cajun Favorites - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Caribbean Creations - $55 per person (gratuity not included)
- Great American Steak - $65 per person (gratuity not included)
- It’s All Greek to Me! - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Meat Lover’s Feast - $65 per person (gratuity not included)
- Mexican Fiesta - $55 per person (gratuity not included)
- Roasted Delights - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Seafood Extravaganza - $65 per person (gratuity not included)
- Seafood Feast - $65 per person (gratuity not included)
- Seafood & Steak Tapas - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Sweet & Savory Menu - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Tour of Italy - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Carb Healthy Menu - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Mediterranean Menu - $60 per person (gratuity not included)
- Grill Master Menu - $65 per person (gratuity not included)
- Grillin’ and Chillin’ Bourbon Tasting Menu - $65 per person (gratuity not included)
- Bruschetta - Chopped basil, tomatoes, and parmesan blended and served atop perfectly toasted bread.
- Barbecue Ribs - A mouth watering savory and tender barbecue rib bursting with flavor makes the perfect barbecue dish!
- Bacon-Wrapped Barbecue Shrimp - A crowd favorite! Delicious shrimp wrapped in crispy bacon with a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce.
- Cast Iron Baked Beans - Rich and smoky beans make a perfect addition to any grilled meal.
- Loaded Potato Skins - Crispy cheese potato skins, baked just right, then topped with cheddar cheese, bacon and sour cream.
- Chocolate Chip Brownies - Chocolate heaven in a little square!
- Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese Bacon Vinaigrette - Flavorful grilled greens covered in a delightful vinaigrette made with blue cheese and bacon.
- Beer, Cheese & Bacon Fondue - Melted cheese melded together with dark lager beer and bacon. How can’t you resist?
- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp - A little sweet, a little spicy, a lot of bacon and a whole lot of flavor in these bite-sized shrimp.
- Bacon-Cheese Turkey Loaf - This is not your grandma's meatloaf, but we bet you will make it time and time again.
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Apple Hash - A tasty accompaniment to any main dish, this hash is sure to please.
- Kickin' Candied Bacon - Sweet and salty mix that will please even the pickiest of palates!
- Salted Caramel Bacon Monkey Bread - A tasty twist on an old favorite.
- Shrimp & Fish Po’ Boy
- New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
- Boudin Sausage
- Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
- Cajun Red Beans
- Bananas Foster
- Grilled Romaine Flavorful grilled greens covered in a delightful vinaigrette made with blue cheese and bacon.
- Beef Empanadas Fried pastry pockets filled with beef, potatoes, tomatoes, and onions.
- Crispy Crab Cakes A wonderful combination of crabmeat and vegetables fried to perfection.
- Jerk Chicken with Mango Chutney Chicken breasts seasoned with homemade jerk seasoning and grilled over an open flame
- Caribbean Fried Rice Rice cooked in island spices with chicken, onion, peppers, celery, asparagus, and carrots.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes Sweet potatoes roasted with a sweet mix of Caribbeans spices. Caribbean Rum Sopped Coconut Cake Deep rum flavor makes this Caribbean dessert simply delightful!
- Iceberg Wedge Salad with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing - A wonderful blend of iceberg greens with a delicious buttermilk dressing.
- Rib Eye, Filet, Flank Steak, and New York Strip with Bearnaise Sauce and Mushroom Sauce - You’ll learn how to cook the perfect steak in the oven and on the grill, then top it with your choice of a sauce!
- Whipped Mashed Potatoes - A creamy and classic side dish.
- Roasted Garlic Broccoli with Goat Cheese - Roasted broccoli topped with delicious goat cheese on top!
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with Vanilla Whipped Cream - A wonderful explosion of rich dark chocolate flavor!
- Saganaki - An exciting appetizer of Kasseri cheese melted in a pan by setting it on fire. OPA!
- Greek-Style Stuffed Mushrooms - A wonderful bite-sized mushroom cap stuffed with tomato, olives and feta cheese.
- Lamb Bites with a cool and creamy Tzatziki Sauce - Succulent meatball-sized bites of lamb served with a wonderfully creamy Tzatziki Sauce.
- Orzo pasta with Black Olives and Feta Cheese - Cooked to perfection, this pasta is a great addition to any Greek cuisine!
- Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi - Wonderful little dumplings stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach.
- Dolmades - A must in Greek cooking! Tender grape leaves stuffed with a delicious beef and rice mixture.
- Baklava - Rich and deliciously sweet, a classic Greek treat!
- Lemon Chicken Appetizer - A wonderful bright appetizer served on toasted crostini.
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Spicy Pineapple Chutney - Spicy pineapple chutney makes a fantastically flavorful accompaniment to these perfectly cooked pork medallions.
- New York Strip Steak with Gorgonzola Sauce - A nice serving of New York Strip covered with a delicious Gorgonzola cheese sauce.
- Roasted Vegetables - The hearty flavor of mixed vegetables compliments this meat menu. Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs - A lower fat, yet extremely flavorful meatball alternative with a cheesy surprise in the middle.
- Chocolate Lava Cake - A wonderful explosion of chocolate flavor!
- Guacamole - Creamy avocado, spicy jalapeno and ripe tomatoes...perfect for dipping!
- Queso Fundido - Loaded with cheese and spices...more than just your average cheese dip!
- Refried Black Beans - Delicious black beans, garlic and smoky cumin.
- Cilantro Lime Rice - White rice blended with lime and cilantro for a South-of-the-Border twist!
- Herb Rubbed Chicken Tacos - Chicken marinated in lime, garlic and cumin guaranteed to start a fiesta in your mouth.
- Mexican Corn - Easy to make and tasty! This corn dish is popular with the street vendors in the area!
- Churros - The perfect finish to any meal!
- Happy Hour Hummus - Enjoy a simply flavorful blend of chickpeas, tahini, garlic and lemon. Served with fresh vegetables for dipping.
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing - A wonderfully exotic salad combining sweet roasted flavors covered in a tangy lemon tahini dressing.
- Roast Beef with Merlot and Mushroom Reduction - Delicious sliced beef served with a Shiitake Mushroom and Merlot sauce, boasting hints of shallots and thyme.
- Roasted Asparagus Risotto - The roasted asparagus in this risotto makes a superb addition to this delightful side dish.
- Whole Roasted Honey Balsamic Glazed Salmon - Seasoned to perfection with honey, balsamic vinegar and mustard glaze, this Salmon is a treat to your taste buds!
- Roasted Vegetables - Bell peppers, squash, zucchini and onion tossed with a mix of fresh herbs.
- Roasted Pears - A rich Merlot sauce covers these delectable pears for a sweet and juicy dessert that is sure to please!
- Steamed Mussels with Tomato-and-Garlic Broth - Every Mediterranean country has its version of shellfish in a tomato-based broth, a classic dish.
- Fresh Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon Fillet - Baked salmon fillet with a buttery, Parmesan and herb crust that turns crispy and golden brown as the fish cooks.
- Lobster Tail - Fresh broiled lobster tails with butter.
- Cod Papillote - The parchment-paper packets act as individual steamers in the oven, melding all the flavors as they roast together.
- Confetti Rice - Diced sweet red and green pepper--along with green peas and parsley--add bright color to the simple rice dish.
- Chef Brian’s Cheesecake Trifle - Cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and fresh fruit
- Shrimp Toast Appetizer – Each toast has a layer of crisp bread on one side, and ginger and scallion flavored minced shrimp on the other that will leave you wanting more!
- Mango Mahi Mahi – Dress up your grilled mahi mahi with a sweet mango salsa for a healthy and palate-pleasing summer supper.
- Asian Marinated Salmon – A mouthwatering savory and moist Salmon bursting with Asian flavors that will make the perfect dish.
- Shrimp & Vegetable Skewers – Perfectly grilled and seasoned to perfection will have you wanting more.
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – A crowd favorite delicious shrimp wrapped in crispy bacon
- Lime Cilantro Rice – White rice blended with lime and cilantro for a twist on the classic rice
- Tequila Seafood Medley Ceviche - Orange, lime, cilantro and tequila blow this ceviche out of the water!
- Steak Arepas with Cream Sauce - No tapas menu is complete without Arepas. Add a flat iron steak and creamy sauce and you will feel like you're in heaven.
- Chorizo Stuffed Dates - A tantalizing combination of dates, bacon and chorizo smothered in Chermoula Sauce.
- Crab and Goat Cheese Empanadas - You will never look at a beef empanada the same again!
- Chili Lime Shrimp - Tasty fried shrimp exploding with chili and garlic flavors.
- Mini Fruit Tarts - Loaded with fruity goodness, these mini tarts are a wonderfully sweet end to our tapas menu!
- Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Homemade Croutons - A wonderful blend of mixed leafy greens with homemade croutons and a wonderful Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Cheese Fondue - A flavorful mix of Swiss and Fontina cheese, garlic, and white wine accompanied with assorted breads, fresh fruits and vegetables for dipping.
- Entrees - Delicate cuts of chicken, steak, & shrimp cooked in a hot oil and served with an assortment of sauces. Hoisin Honey Sauce Soy Ginger Sauce Chipotle BBQ Sauce Peanut Sauce
- Chocolate Fondue - A rich chocolate and caramel dipping sauce for assorted fruits and baked goods.
- Bruschetta - The perfect start to any meal.
- Marinara Sauce - Full of herbs and spices that pair fantastically with this meal.
- Pasta - Pasta smothered in our thick and creamy Alfredo or marinara sauce.
- Grilled Chicken and Grilled Italian Sausage - Grilled to perfection and a perfect addition to pasta.
- Garlic Bread - Buttery and loaded with garlic, will leave you wanting another slice.
- Toasted Ravioli - A fried-up version of a regular favorite. Pairs great with our Marinara Sauce!
- Zabaglione - An elegant and rich Italian dessert that is sure to please!
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese - Sub the pasta with cauliflower for a tasty low carb treat.
- Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts - Roasted to perfection.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken - Easy chicken casserole, low carb and keto friendly.
- Garlicky Lemon Mahi-Mahi - Mahi Mahi, otherwise known as Dorado, is a popular fish. Mahi-mahi is tender, flaky, and deliciously flavorful.
- Tuscan Butter Shrimp - Quick easy way to enjoy your shrimp.
- Blackberry, Strawberry and Raspberry Mousse - Low carb quick dessert
- Espinacas con Garbanzos - Garbanzo beans with spinach.
- Roasted Veggie Pasta - Roasted veggies with cheese and pasta.
- Mediterranean Chicken - Onions, tomatoes, lemon and seasoning with olive oil roasted to perfection.
- Greek-Style Baked Salmon - Salmon filet with lemons and dill.
- Greek Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki - Well seasoned turkey meatballs drizzled with tzatziki sauce.
- Roasted Fruit - Roasted pears with cinnamon, nuts, honey and a side of yogurt.
- Grilled Flatbread Pizza - Grilled pepperoni pizza on the grill.
- Roasted Vegetables - Roasted veggies have a sweet and charred taste.
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes - Potatoes roasted with garlic and oil.
- Pork Steaks - Cut from the pork butt, these are a nice change from just grilled steak.
- Grilled Chicken Thighs - Grilled and finished with a honey-balsamic glaze.
- Skirt Steak - Cooked quickly on a hot grill. The secret is to cut the steak properly for a tender bite.
- Grilled Fruit - Grilled pears with sauce, nuts and ice cream.
- Hudson Baby Bourbon - This bourbon is adored for its sweet, corn, caramel and vanilla flavor notes. This Bourbon is carefully distilled at Tuhilltown distillery, United States.
- Traverse City Whiskey Company - It didn’t grab me at first sip, but its sweet and citrusy notes won me over by the end. It tastes young, but isn’t overpowered by any amount of graininess or ethanol bite. At four years old it’s surprisingly easy drinking, and in the absence on heavy oak notes, orange and lemon notes have a chance to stand out nicely.
- Maker’s Mark Kentucky Bourbon - Maker's Mark is a fine example of Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey at its best. Just like all bourbons, it is distilled primarily from corn, with some malted barley thrown into the mix. However, this whiskey comes with a twist that helps define its signature taste, opting for red winter wheat in the mashbill rather than the more common rye. That single ingredient imparts a soft, rich sweetness that has propelled Maker's Mark to be one of the most popular bourbons in the world.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Skewers - Pork with Filipino style marinade.
- Grilled Bourbon Chicken Thighs - Marinating with soy and bourbon gives this a hint of Asian flavor.
- Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak - Steak and Bourbon. Need we say more.
- Grilled Vegetables - Bring out the flavor with a grill.
- Grilled Potato Wedges - Salt and vinegar potato wedges finished on the grill.
- Grilled Fruit with Bourbon Glaze - Pears with a sweet bourbon glaze.
The perfect alternative to a restaurant dinner to achieve a new team orientation, a reward for a completed project, or overall excellent performance.
We provide quality ingredients, tested recipes, and trained chef instructions to your team for the perfect team building atmosphere.
Our events encourage teamwork and socializing in a fun learning environment.
Smaller groups up to 14 guests can have hands on recipe preparation. For larger groups, we suggest an interactive food demonstration.
UCook is dedicated to assisting you with your goal to build an eventful time for your team. We achieve this goal by creating exceptional hands-on interactive cooking classes. No matter what the occasion we strive to accommodate your every need by matching and customizing to fit your unique mission and objectives. Team building activities are useful for improving team dynamics, building trust, facilitating communication and teamwork. Why go to your average restaurant when you can create an experience your team deserves!
A Unique Experience
It is customary to bring your own beverages including, soda, wine, beer and mixed drinks. U Cook provides water, ice, wine openers, bottle openers and glasses for beer, margaritas, wine, martinis and cocktails. There is plenty of room in our refrigerator and freezer for all your beverages. You can even use our blender to make your favorite frozen cocktails. Aprons are available for up to 20 guests.
Our showroom is transformed into a perfect atmosphere of mood lighting, candles, and music. A real wood fireplace can be used with any advanced request at no charge. We provide all the wood. We use Pandora for our multi-speaker music system and you are encouraged to set the mood for your event. It is your party.
We encourage our guests to decorate for any special occasion. U Cook is open Monday thru Saturday 9 am to 5:30 Pm for your convenience or by appointment to decorate or drop off your beverages, presents, cakes in advance. This is a great way for a surprise event.
U Cook is not working, not work! Got it! It is a fun, engaging, exciting way to laugh, joke, mingle and enjoy the unique U Cook experience with family, friends or co-workers.
Our Semi-Private Party option is for parties for 6 or more people. This option means that other people can also come to the day you choose, but YOU can choose the menu.
If you would like to have a private party that is less than 10 people, you MUST pay the price for 10 people.
Your Own Menu
See a date that you would like to reserve for your party but you don’t like the menu? Our Semi-Private Option means that YOU can choose a menu for the class.